Monday, November 25, 2013

Hope Springs Infernal

     Yeah, I'm at it again.  Trying to tie the perfect bucktail treble hook for an inline spinner.  It might be easier if I knew exactly what one looked like.  Most every one I tie seems to do the job.  But, if I was a bass or pike, there've been a few I'd have rejected.  Taken a look and said, "C'mon man, what kind of fool do you take me for?"
     Taking a chance I ordered a few pre-tied trebles on line that were dirt cheap.  Simply put, you get what you pay for.  Then, I once again began tying my own.  White, yellow and red tails with complementary colored feathers.  No two come out the same.  'Spose that's the beauty of something being hand made.
     I've made more than I'll ever use.  But that's okay.  It's simply one of the things I do for the pure pleasure of doing.  Kind of like my writing.
     The hope part has to do with next year and the possibility of getting out on the water more often.  And the possibility of a real canoe trip again.  Didn't I write the same thing last year?  Oh well. I'm not dead yet and am still pretty mobile.  The gear and equipment sits waiting patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment