Thursday, July 4, 2019

Packing it Away


        It took four days. Back in camp nothing was packed wet but still I give the tent, bags etc. a few hours in sunshine before putting them away for the next time. And the next time will be someone else's. Another trip has it's appeal but that little voice of wisdom in my head says I'm solidly into the slide toward old age. I have too many weak links already and will have more in 2020. I pitched the old coffee pot, large fry pan and my beat to hell pot. Almost came to tears but it was time.                                   
     Next year will find me at the cabin working the backwaters of the national forest or up in Manitoba paying Steve Japp at the Elbow Lake Lodge a visit with a few relatives in tow. I've already fired off an e-mail to Steve giving him due warning and am already getting excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment