Monday, June 24, 2019

Packing

     What did I forget? Seems I always forget something. There's nothing left on the floor except the rug so I must have everything. Most is in the truck though the frozen stuff can't be packed till the gray of Wednesday morning. We've managed to pare the stuff down to three packs, each in the forty-five to fifty pound range though they feel a whole lot more. I've got the bug in me to save an hour or more by doing the three-quarter mile portage though the paddle down Pine Creek makes more sense. My seventy-two year old back says I'm crazy to even think of a long portage and my only answer is, "No shit."
     The forecast is for a slight chance of rain on three of the days, highs around eighty and a fair amount of humidity. No doubt we'll sweat so I'm leaving the long-johns and gloves at home. Honestly, I'd rather have it be fifteen or twenty degrees colder so the sleeping bag feels good at night. Makes me recall the trip of 2000 and night time temperatures hovering around freezing. Misery makes for a good story so I shouldn't complain. As usual Mother Nature will call the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment