Thursday, March 29, 2018

New Day

     At the moment Draftee is finally cleaned up about as good as I can get it and Deadman Lake is sitting on the sidelines where it can mellow out for a month. Once both are done and published I can move on to the trips to the Boundary Waters and Canada. What I'll write from then on is a good question.
     For the moment there are three fishing trips, maybe four, ready to go for next summer and early fall. A while back I wrote an entry, at least I think I did, called Never Enough Time. Damnation that's true. Figured that'd be a thing of the past when I retired, guess it's not. At age seventy-one the window's still open but is getting harder to squeeze through. Suppose I'll keep climbing in the canoe till I can't.
     The lake Allan and I will fly to in late June is not all that big. Figure the little chain in Ontario at 5-600 acres but big enough to hold a few fish of size. Also small enough to get a grip on how to fish it. The main body, Night Hawk Lake, is close to the same size as the unnamed one I wrote up in Between Thought and the Treetops. Hadn't made that mental connection when I signed on the dotted line. So, once again it's a combination of good and bad; wish it was bigger but at the same time I'm glad it's not. Story of life in a nut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment