Sunday, April 24, 2016

Tough Year

     Not much to write about since last summer.  Made it to the cabin early in July then hung at home awaiting the call that'd tell us our fifth grandchild was on the way.  His name is Joshua.  While he was entering the world we had his brothers.  A week later Lois was diagnosed with cancer.  After surgery and chemo she's doing okay.  Then came winter in Alabama where she did her radiation.  When push comes to shove time in the woods and on the water takes a back seat to life.  However, we made it north last week.
     Outside of dust and dead flies the cabin was as we'd left it.  Each time we approach the gate at the beginning of the year there's always the fear of a breakin.  Seems 'Minnesota nice' doesn't apply to everyone.  This time, no problem.  Also, no leaves anywhere.  Guess spring hasn't fully sprung in the northland.
     Over the winter months I wrote the third part of my fictitious years with Uncle Emil.  Now it's in the process of becoming an actual book, maybe.  Yah, me write book.  Mostly it'd be nice to have a professional read the entries and let me know if they're wasted words or a decent tale.  I have my opinions but they're heavily prejudiced.
     One month till the Boundary Waters trip.  I'm finally getting off my duff and preparing.  Trying to keep it simple this year.  Good luck with that.  More paddles in the offing.  Maybe I'll take a few pics and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment