Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Really, I haven't forgotten

     Yeah, it's been a while since I've written anything.  Mostly 'cause I've had nothing to say.  Life has become a little complicated.  I won't go into any details but will say no jail time has been involved.  The upshot is that I've been stuck in the city for a couple of months.  And haven't had much to say about the northland.
     But last Saturday I made the trip up.  No more than a two niter with no time on the water.  It was warm enough and there wasn't any ice to speak of but the wind was up, way up.  Forty degree water and whitecaps gets me to thinking about mortality.  And at sixty-six that's a subject I don't like to dwell on.
     On the upside I did spend a couple of hours on the North Country Trail and rolled thirty bike miles on the gravel roads near to the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment